Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school here in Amarillo.  Abby started second grade and Wyatt started back at his day school after taking the summer off.  I have a couple of long term sub assignments lined up if I don't find a permanent teaching position. 


Abby couldn't wait to wear this outfit.  It was 100 degrees here today, but she insisted on wearing it.


Sassy, Statue of Liberty pose


Wyatt wanted to hold the sign too :)


Another Statue of Liberty

I love the start of school because it signals a new routine and a set schedule, not to mention that fall is on its way (and hopefully some relief from the heat).  We had a great summer filled with memories that I will treasure forever but I am excited to get the ball rolling for a great school year!

2 comments:

Kerbi said...

They are precious! I hope y'all have a wonderful school year!

BreLand said...

Love it!! Miss you guys!