Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dallas, Part 1

Wow, I just can't believe how little I've blogged this year.  My intentions have always been to get on and update but I have been so swamped this past year that blogging has been pushed to the back burner.  My main purpose for blogging is to have a place to record my sweet family and all the memories we have made through the years.  I love looking back at old posts and reliving those wonderful moments.  Anyway, I am considering making my blog private so if you want to continue to follow, let me know!

School got out June 1.  YAY!!!!  I was so ready for the break.  I have been enjoying every moment of it- spending time with the kids, sleeping in, nice leisurely dinners, all of it.  We have still been super busy, but it's just so nice to be busy with my own personal stuff for a change.  Over Memorial Day weekend, we took a quick, 4 day trip to Dallas for some family fun.  It was great!  I always love visiting big cities and think (for just a tiny moment) that I might like living in one, but I know that I would probably not like it for long.  The traffic!  Sheesh.  Amarillo is around 200,000 and is enough for me. 

We stayed at the Renaissance hotel.  Casey and I stayed here over a decade ago and remembered it being nice, so we stayed again.  It has a pool and hot tub on top of the roof!  The kids loved that.  We were on the 24th floor and had some amazing views of the Dallas skyline.  It was awesome to see at night!





We got to Dallas early Friday and after eating and swimming for a while, we got ready for the Rangers game.  It was a blast!  We ended up leaving early (well, it was after 10:00pm) because the kids were so tired- we got there around 4:30 that afternoon so with traveling, it was a really long day!  Oh, and the Rangers beat the Toronto Blue Jays, 14-3!







No pictures of me- I was hot, sweaty, and I had a busted lip.  Yes, you read that right!  At one point, Wyatt was sitting on my lap and the music came blaring over the speakers after a hit, and well, he got excited and accidentally head-butted me.  It was a mess.  Bloody, busted lips and baseball aren't a good mix but I got it cleaned up and still had fun. 

I'll post more about our trip tomorrow- something special that Abby and I did, a fun trip to the mall, and some great restaurants.  I'm off to finish up some preparations for Wyatt's Spiderman birthday party on Saturday!

Have a fabulous day!!!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a great trip so far, and your poor lip!!!