Sunday, June 5, 2011

New Blooms

A few more plants have decided to bloom in my garden recently.  I have several summer blooming plants, so it's always exciting when they decide to open up.




Asiatic lilies.  I just love these.  I have some stargazers that are about to bloom soon too.



Shasta daisies.  These are usually much bigger and all bloomed out by now. 

We are in a serious drought here in Amarillo, Texas.  I think we've had 1/2 an inch of rain for the entire year.  There are so many farmers and ranchers around here that depend on rainfall for their livelihood.  It's truly a desperate situation.  Prayers please. 

I'm hoping the rest of my gardens will do okay.  I water often but nothing compares to fresh, pure rainfall. 



2 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Very pretty!! I love the colors :)

Kalina said...

Praying for some rain Lisa! Love those gorgeous blooms! :)