Saturday, December 4, 2010

Blog Challenge Day 12


It's Day 12 of the Blog Challenge: Show Us Your Decorations.  I'm so excited to see how everyone else decorates for the holidays!

I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to holiday decor.  I tend to stick with the classic red, green, and white color scheme.  Don't get me wrong, I have seen some absolutely gorgeous holiday decor in a variety of colors.  I think the more classic style appeals to me because it takes me back to my childhood Christmases.


Our Christmas tree.  I prefer having white lights on the tree instead of the multi-colored lights so that the ornaments are showcased.  Notice my cute wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby!

Here are a few of my favorite ornaments:



Ballet slippers.  Abby and I got this at the Nutcracker last year.  So pretty!



Cloisonne cardinal.  I got this at an ornament exchange years ago, and I just love it.  A red bird on the Christmas tree is supposed to bring good luck.



Angel.  I love this one because it was a gift from someone special and the little blonde-headed girl reminds me of my Abby.



Cookie ornaments.  I bought several of these from Kohl's recently with various sayings like "HoHoHo", "Believe", and  "T" for our family monogram.  They were inexpensive and fit right in with my decor!


Our mantle.  We don't have an actual fireplace but we do have this lovely antique mantle that was passed to us from my husband's great-aunt.  After seeing Aly's craft post,  I added a few coffee bean filled vases to the mantle.  I love the extra glow it adds!


  
Dining room chandelier.  I just wrapped it with a white poinsettia garland and embellished with some little bird ornaments from the dollar spot at Michael's.



A close up of a bird.  They are different colors and patterns.



Christmas dishes.  These is a really inexpensive set I got at Wal-Mart a few years ago, but it looks really festive in my hutch.


A little snowman vingette on my coffee table.



A matching snowman decoration on a side table.



A cute little set in my kitchen.  It includes a napkin holder, toothpick holder, and salt & pepper shakers.

I have a lot of of little festive knick knacks all around the house, plus my Christmas Bath & Body Works handsoaps in the bathrooms.

Outdoor decor: I didn't get any pictures of the outside all lit up.  I fully intended to take some pics and didn't get around to it.  I will take some and post them soon.  Here are a few things I have outside.



Front door wreath.  Nothing fancy.  We have a storm door, so it's hard to fit much in between the two doors.  It gets smashed everytime I close it.



Poinsetta wreath on the house.  It's right near our house address plaque. 

I have a couple of flags outside too, but the wind is blowing like crazy here, so I couldn't get a clear picture.



Small Mary Engelbreit garden flag.  The other flag is a larger house flag and it has Snoopy on it.  My daughter loves it!

I'll try and post some outdoor photos later.  I love it when it's all lit up!

My most precious Christmas "decorations"?  These two cuties!


6 comments:

Holly said...

That was a neat idea with the holly berry garland inside the light fixture.

Pretty house! :)

Kerbi said...

Love your decorations! Your mantle looks great!

Bre said...

It looks really really good Lisa!! Plus I love the new family pictures! And...That really cool candle with ribbon and leopard print cloth is! :)

Karen said...

It looks so nice. I did not know that a red bird in your tree was good luck. Guess its back to the store for me.

Handmade Contessa said...

LOVE YOUR TREE!!! And I agree about the lights. White is the only way to go.

Anonymous said...

So many wonderful Ideas:)