I love baking and making candy for friends and family at the holidays! This is one of my very favorite recipes. There are tons of Peppermint Bark recipes out there. I came up with this one by combining a couple of different recipes until I got the result I wanted. I usually just eyeball it instead of following a recipe, so I put it into words the best I could!
Chocolate Peppermint Bark
1 (12-oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (16-oz) bag white chocolate chips
¼ tsp. peppermint extract
1 c. peppermint candy, crushed
1) Place peppermint candy (I used candy canes) in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. You can use a food processor for a finer texture, but I prefer this method.
2) Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
3) Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a double boiler or microwave (double boiler= better results!). Spread the melted chocolate in the pan, and allow it to set up for about 20 minutes or so.
4) Melt the white chocolate chips using the same method as the semi-sweet chips. Mix in the peppermint extract and ¼ c. of the crushed peppermint. Spread on top of the chocolate layer and sprinkle the remaining peppermint candy on top.
5) Allow the bark to set up completely in the refrigerator, and then break into pieces by hand. The more rustic looking, the better!
(NOTE: This picture was taken from Google Images. I couldn’t find a picture on my computer, but it should look similar to this!)