Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dreaming of Santa Fe (and Albuquerque)

One of my very favorite places to visit is New Mexico, specifically Santa Fe and Albuquerque.  We have so many wonderful memories of visits we taken.  With spring break coming up in less than 3 weeks, I've been hounding Casey to head west! 

There are so many things I love about Santa Fe, from the beautiful landscape to the delicious food.  Whenever we go shopping on the plaza, we always eat at The Burrito Company.  Good stuff!





A few random pics from the plaza. 

I also love all the street vendors selling their goods around the plaza.  I've gotten some really beautiful jewelry both from the street vendors and from jewelry galleries on the plaza. 

Aside from the jewelry, many local artists sell their art on the square.  One of my very favorite local artists is Patricia Wyatt.  Everytime we visit Santa Fe, I buy one of her prints.  I really want one of the framed giclees but they are quite expensive so for now I would just have to settle for the hand colored prints.




These are a couple of the prints that I already own. 




These are the prints I'm hoping to add to my collection soon!


Albuquerque is not far from Santa Fe and is where we usually stay when we visit.  Last year, we stayed at the Hyatt in Albuquerque Uptown.  Wow, talk about some good shopping!  With stores like Anthropologie, Ann Taylor Loft, MAC, and Gymboree (hey, I'm a mom), I was in heaven!  But the hubs wasn't so much after my shopping spree.  If you visit, I highly recommend staying nearby. 

Albuquerque also has a great little aquarium and botanical gardens that I love. 

Where's Lisa?





Some pics from the botanical gardens.



Moray eel.  Aren't they creepy?

So this is what I've been dreaming of.  With student teaching in full force, lesson to plan, kids to tend to, and a 4 foot tall pile of laundry, I really need a break soon.  Hopefully it will be in New Mexico!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super glad to hear from you!! Hope all is going well in student teaching.

Beautiful pics!!

Karen said...

I hope you get that break too.

Her fish prints are great! Oh I would love to have them too. Thanks for sharing.

Emily said...

Oh I hope you get to go! I'll live vicariously through you! How is the student teaching going? I've been praying that things go well for you!

Kristy said...

Great pictures! Hope you have a fun trip. My husband and I have actually been to that botanical garden....before children! :)

Kalina said...

My grandmother lives in Las Cruces, New Mexico and I have been dying to go! Looks beautiful. Hope you get to go!

Bre said...

Santa Fe Baking Co has awesome breaskfast burritos, and Horseman's Haven has good burgers both are in Santa Fe! I'm trying to get James to do something soon. Mainly so I can get out of the house.