Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

It's heart day, one of my favorite holidays!  Now, I don't need a special day to show my family how much I love them because I do that everyday already, but it is fun to make things extra special for them.  Here is what we did for the kids.


The night before Valentine's Day (honestly, we celebrated on Sunday since Monday is a school day), Casey and I set up all their goodies.  We put their cute little messanger bags that I made out and filled them up.  I set the table for a special breakfast.



Abby's goodies.  A Nerds rope; SweeTarts Hearts; Fun Dip; Fancy Nancy book; stickers.  Just a little something to make the day special!  (Note: I put all candy away and ration it out over a period of time!)



Wyatt's goodies.  Nerds rope; Fun Dip; M&Ms; Elmo book and Elmo stickers.

Daddy had to work today, so he brought home a couple of extra goodies after work: a Skip-It jump rope for Abby and a mitt and ball for Wyatt.

A close up of the table setting.  Notice how I used disposable plates for easy clean up!



I made a special breakfast (almost more like a dessert) of pancakes drizzled with chocolate syrup, fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and sprinkles.  A side of bacon rounds out this healthy (NOT) breakfast.  It was a big hit with the kids!



Wyatt is taking mini Fruit Roll-Ups for his party at daycare.  I just found out last night that you can actually order personalized Fruit Roll-Ups with any images or sayings you want.  I wish I would have known this before so that I could have had Wyatt's picture on them!



I hate that I have to miss Abby's class party but Casey is taking off work to be there with her.  I'm sure she will have lots of fun!  She is wearing her cute little Valentine shirt that we got from Gymboree last year and matching hair clips. 

Casey and I usually make a dinner reservation at one of our favorite restaurants for a kids-free evening, but he has a cold and isn't feeling well, so we are postponing it for a few weeks.  Something to look forward to in the coming weeks!


Happy Heart Day!!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love it! Happy Valentines Day.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

So much fun! I have a little something fun waiting for you over at my blog, so come visit! :)

http://3sonsplus1.blogspot.com/2011/02/fun-stuff.html

Kalina said...

Aw seems like you guys had so much fun :) That breakfast looked so delicious! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!!