Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lisa Lately

Corny title I know, but I didn't want to label another blog post "Random" or "Catch Up".  Oh, life has been so busy lately so I just haven't had the time to blog nearly as much as I want to.  The good news is that spring break is coming up so hopefully I'll have some time to get caught up.


Goodbye Papaw

You may remember that we lost Casey's Mamaw just a month ago, and now Papaw has passed from this life too.  They were married for over 65 years and enjoyed a beautiful life together.  We will be leaving tomorrow afternoon to travel to Oklahoma. 



Two Front Teeth

Abby lost her other front tooth and is now missing her two front teeth.  This is her fourth lost tooth since she started first grade this past August.  I'm telling you, the tooth fairy is headed for recession at this rate. ;)

Wow, now that's a smile.  :)



Spring Decorating

The daffodils and tulips are starting to come up in my garden, a sure sign that spring is near!  I did a little spring decorating this past week.  I haven't put my Easter decor out yet since it's a little early, but I wanted a fresh, spring-y feel.

The mantel.  I couldn't part with the coffee beans because I just love the look, so I decided to tie some pretty turquoise ribbon around the jars.  The white flowers and little birds nest remind me of spring.


A close up of the cute little birds nests and eggs from Target.


I just love how the colors of the mantel match so nicely to this pretty cross I have hanging around my mantel.  I didn't even realize until I was taking pictures.


More eggs in a nest on the dining room table. 

I have some more pictures that I will post later, after I finish decorating.  Yay for spring!


The Best Chocolate Cake Ever

My sweet neighbor surprised us with these delicious little chocolate cakes on Valentine's Day (yes, I realize that has been two weeks ago but I am really behind).  They were so decadent and rich and simply divine.

I could go for one of these babies right about now!



Handwriting Challenge

Emily at The Johnson Five posted this fun handwriting challenge on her blog a while back, and I decided to join in.  All you do is write your answers to the following questions.  Easy peasy! 

1. What's your name / blogger name?
2. What's your blog's URL?
3. Write "The quick fox jumps over the lazy dog."
4. Favorite quote?
5. Your favorite song?
6. Your favorite band / singers?
7. Anything else you want to say?
8. Tag 3 - 5 other people.
 

I hope this will enlarge so you can actually read it.  Have you seen the video blogging, also known as vlogging?  I think it would be really fun to do a vlog post if I ever have the time to get everything set up.  Maybe over spring break.


Lesson Plans and Evaluations

I had my first student teaching evaluation this past Friday and it went so well!  I was so nervous since I knew my University Supervisor would be taking notes and evaluating my every move, but I was able to block everything else out except for teaching my students.  My Supervisor gave me a great evaulation and told me that I'll be a great teacher.  She said that moms always make the best teachers.  It was such a boost of confidence for me.

I've been up to my ears in lesson planning and prep but I truly love it.  It is really hard with kids though.  I feel like I have two full time jobs right now and finding the balance is not easy.  Hopefully it will continue to get easier as the semester progresses.

That's a snippet of what we've been up to this past week.  I seriously miss blogging and hope to get back to posting more regularly very soon.  I just need about 8 more hours in a day. :)


Happy Sunday!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Pawpaw. That is so sad. I'm thinking about you and your family. Abby lost another tooth! wow! Your decorations for spring are super cute and those cakes look delicious! Love that you did the handwriting challenge! Finally, congrats on your teaching and evaluation! Sounds like you're off to a great start! WAY TO GO! Have a great week!

Debbie Griffin said...

I hope your week goes very smooth.
Glad papaw is not suffering anymore. Abby and I talked about him being in heaven with mamaw. She
is very cute missing her two front
teeth. You always have the cutest
ideas for decorating. Love the spring look. Love you all so much!

Kalina said...

So sorry to hear about Papaw but I am sure it is comforting to know that he is now with Mamaw in Heaven pain free! Congrats to Abbie for losing another tooth :) Your decorating is adorable and that chocolate cake looks so yummmmmyyy! Seems like your student teaching is going wonderfully just hope things get easier for you. Have a wonderful week Lisa!

Kristy said...

Wow, that's a lot! Let's see, I like the title Lisa Lately. It's catchy.
I'll have you know I was informed by my 1st grader that he's the coolest kid in class because he's missing the most teeth :)
CUTE mantle!
Oh, and I love the Dog Days are Over. Hubby thinks it's just awful. But what does he know? ;)