Monday, November 1, 2010

Family Notebook

I am always searching for new ideas to stay organized and to keep track of all the paperwork that we seem to accumulate.  About a year ago, I came across the idea to create a family notebook from THIS website.  I made ours several months ago and it has been a blessing!  I thought I would share my notebook with you. 

I used a three-ring binder, a pack of dividers with tabs, and some pretty scrapbook paper and embellishments. 

Here is the front cover.  My binder has a spine and front label holder so I can simply slip the page in. 

I added the spine label just to jazz it up a little!


I added a zippered pencil pouch to hold pens and notepads.  I also keep a spiral notebook in there to scribble ideas and lists on. 

I have 10 dividers in my notebook.  You could use as many or as few as your family needs.  I put several sheet protectors behind each divider to store the paperwork in.

Medical & Insurance divider.  I use this to keep track of any pending medical insurance claims, prescriptions, doctor referrals, etc...



Forms divider.  I use this one to keep track of passwords and any other paperwork that needs our attention. 


Schedules divider.  I keep a copy of the current month's calendar with each family member's activities listed on it.  I also have a weekly schedule for each person and a daily to-do list.


Address Book divider.  I have a page for emergency numbers, all of our doctors, dentists, etc... as well as the "Family Yellow Pages".  This makes life so much easier when addressing Christmas and birthday cards!  I also keep a phone log in there to keep track of messages.

Menus divider.  I plan menus a week at a time.  I keep a running grocery list here as well and update it as we run out of things.


Cleaning divider.  I need to do a better job with this area.  I have a weekly cleaning schedule with specific tasks listed for each day.  For example, bathrooms and dusting on Mondays, Floors on Tuesday, etc...  Life usually takes over during the week and then I'm stuck doing everything on Saturday.  I'm going to really try and divide the cleaning up during the week so it won't be so overwhelming.

I also have dividers for each family member.  I keep all of Abby's school "stuff" in her divider: permission slips, notes about upcoming activities, PTC meetings, etc... 

Here is my divider.  I keep a master list of sewing/craft projects I want to make, templates, Christmas lists, etc...

Organized Home.com has a lot of free printables to complete your notebook plus lots of household tips.


Linking up with Skip to my Lou

Happy Monday!!

1 comments:

debmom4ca said...

Such cute dividers. They make me want one.