Saturday, November 20, 2010

Show & Tell: Mesh Wreaths

I'm sure you've seen the deco mesh wreaths before.  They've been featured at craft shows, upscale home boutiques, and all over blogland.  The ones that I have seen are quite pricey, so I decided to try my hand at making them myself. 


This is the first one that I made.  I used a wire wreath form, some deco mesh, and some cute embellishments.  I was surprised how quickly it came together, but the deco mesh is a little tricky to work with until you get the hang of it.



I wish I would have wrapped the wreath form in red ribbon first because it shows through the mesh. 



Here's a close up of the embellishments and picks I found at Michael's.  I just glued them on with my trusty glue gun!



This is the wreath that I made for my sweet mama.  I decided to use a pine wreath as the base this time and really liked the way it turned out. 



A closer look!



I love these festive pick, but boy were are they messy to work with.  Glitter everywhere!



More embellishments. 

I love the way the wreaths turned out.  They look just as good as the $100+ wreaths (in my opinion ;-) ) at a fraction of the cost.  You can make them for any occasion or holiday by adjusting the mesh colors and embellishments. 

I think I just found my newest hobby!

Linking up with Skip to my Lou!

0 comments: