Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner Invitations

We are hosting Thanksgiving at our home this year, so I decided to made invitations for our family.  They were super easy to make.  I just used cardstock, pretty scrapbook paper, scrapbook stickers, and some pretty decorative brads.  I think they came out really nice!

Here are a few of the finished invitations.  The gold vellum underneath is just to cover the invitation while in the envelope.  Just jazzin' it up a little!



Here's a close up of one.  I used square (5 1/2" x 5 1/2") envelopes, so I started by cutting 5 x 5 squares of textured tan cardstock.  Then I cut the same sized squares of one of the scrapbook papers and adhered it to the cardstock.  I cut a smaller rectangle out of the paisley paper and angled it on the paper.  I printed out my invitation on another scrapbook paper and used a pair of scalloped edged scissors to cut it out.  After layering and adhering it on top, I used a couple of decorative leaf brads in each corner of the invite.  I finished off each invitations with a few seasonal scrapbook stickers.

I added some stickers to the envelopes too.  Here is the finished product before placing in the envelope.


I'm linking up with Skip to my Lou for Made by You Mondays.  Head on over and check out all the crafty ideas!


I'm also linking up at Keeping it Simple for Motivate Me Monday.  Great ideas here too!

Happy Monday!

0 comments: