Thursday, November 11, 2010

Random Ramblings...


I am sitting here listening to the sound of pouring rain and loud claps of thunder.  It's been a while since we've had rain here in Amarillo, but in the Texas Panhandle, the weather can change on a dime!  It's supposed to be pretty chilly and rainy again tomorrow too. 



Since we had so much to do this evening, we decided just to go out for pizza.  I guess everyone had the same idea because it got really packed!  We waited forever for our food (according to my children, anyway).  After we ate, we headed to Wally World to get groceries.

I usually go to the grocery store on Friday mornings, but we decided to go this evening so that I could miss the bad weather tomorrow.  Wouldn't you know that right before we checked out, it started raining cats and dogs.  Oh well, at least the shopping is done!

Wyatt finally got a much needed haircut.  He was starting to look like a long-lost member of the Beatles. 

Before.



After.  Look at that face!  What a handsome boy, if I do say so myself!



The Fashionista of All Things Sassy.  Just had to throw a picture of her in here for good measure!

Yesterday, I headed to Kohl's to spend a gift card I had.  I found the kids some cute Christmas pajamas and a few other Christmas-y things.  I feel a photo shoot coming on!



I bought these cute monkey pj's for Wyatt.  His nickname is "Monkey" so I'm always finding clothing with monkeys on them!


These are the pj's I got for Abby.  She insists that she will stay up and see Santa this year!


Does anyone do the Elf on the Shelf tradition?  I saw these last year and like the idea of the elf flying to the North Pole every night with a behavior report.  Maybe this will keep these kids in check!



I'm reserving tickets for The Nutcracker tomorrow.  Abby and I have gone together for the past couple of years and really enjoy it.  It's such a fun mommy/daughter time because we get to get all dressed up and do something really "grown up".  Abby desperately wants to be one of the dancers on the stage!  We tried ballet last year, and she complained a lot, especially about all the rehearsals leading up to the big recital.  Maybe we'll try it again in the future.



Last, but certainly not least, a big salute to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country.  A simple "Thank You" seems so inadequate to express the appreciation and gratitude that I have for the brave men and women who put their lives on the line to keep us free.  Not to mention, the families who also sacrifice so much.  True heroes, everyone of them.  Appreciation and prayers from Amarillo, Texas.

 












2 comments:

Summer said...

Hi there,
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I am glad I have found yours as well! Hmmmmmmm I didn't really know there was an actual Pizza Planet LOL I thought that was just in Toy Story Movies...hahahaha you can tell I have a 4 year old who loooooooves Toy Story!

Your kids are so presh....love his new haircut but it is totally ok if he leaves it long....the Beatles rock! Ha Ha! We are BIG Beatles fans...

OK so how cute are those PJ's! Khol's always has the cutest ones and you can totally get them for cheap using your Khols cash and Khols card and discounts etc....LOVE IT

When I get well maybe next year we will see the Nutcracker! I have always wanted to see it and never have! With my immune system almost non existant I think it wouldn't be wise this year....let me know how it is!

love your blog
xoxo
Summer

Sarah said...

OMGoodness! I am loving your children! Wyatt is such a cute name!
And I LURVE Kohls. Such a good store...and great prices too! :)
Lisa! I have an award for you @ my blog, so please come by and pick it up! :))