Friday, October 15, 2010

Be the Influence

In our Wednesday night bible class, we were discussing influence and how one person can influence an entire group.  This has been on my mind a lot the past couple of days, and I've been thinking about how I can be a good influence for everyone I come in contact with in my daily life.  As a mother, my words and actions are shaping my children.  I have the power to teach them how to live a strong Christian life.  As a friend, I can encourage those I love and be a positive light in their lives.  As a wife, I can stand strong as my husband's help meet and encourage him as well as be encouraged by him in our walk with Christ. 

Sometimes, I think when you've talked and talked to a person about Christ and they just won't hear it, living a good life and being a good influence is the best way to reach them.  When you live a life that is starkly different than the ugliness of the world, people take notice.  I want my actions to speak for me in a positive way.  As a Christian, we must live in this world, but the world should not live in us.  I am far from perfect, but I vow from this day forward to renew my efforts to be a better influence in this world.

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."
                                                            Romans 12:2

0 comments: