Monday, October 25, 2010

Fabric Flower Pins


This is my first time linking up with Skip to my Lou.  There are so many creative crafters posting great ideas that I thought I would give it a try too!

I have seen these cute fabric flower pins all over the place recently, so I decided to try my hand at making some.  There are so many tutorials online for making a variety of different pins.  I used THIS one from Wise Craft.  It was so easy to follow and includes great pictures. 

Not the best lighting but you get the idea.  I just used fabrics and buttons that I had on hand.  I'm going to go shopping for some pretty fabrics and buttons.  I think next time I'll make fabric covered buttons to complement the pin fabrics.



These are the three fabrics I used for the black/white pin.  I used a simple white heart button in the center.


These are the fabrics used in the pink/brown pin.  I used a regular hot pink button in the center but wished I would have used something bigger.  I think a fabric covered button would have looked nice on this one. 

I couldn't find a swatch of the striped fabric but it shows pretty true in the picture above.  I used a daisy button in the center. 



I adore these colors and patterns.  Might need to order THIS for some projects!  Maybe some more pins.

Happy Monday!!

0 comments: