Monday, January 10, 2011

A Few Random Things...


First of all, I must let you know that it is COLD here!!  I'm talking bone-chilling, bitter cold.  We're currently under a "Wind Chill Advisory" and temps are dropping to dangerous levels.  My heart goes out to those who do not have adequate heating.  It's just too cold. 




Last Friday, my dear friend Bre had a precious baby boy!  His name is Preston and he weighed in at a healthy 8 lb, 10 oz.  I went to visit soon after he was born and just held him for a long time.  I didn't take a picture because it was a really special, private time but when he gets a little older, I'll be posting some pics!  His big brother Parker is a great pal and comes over for playdates often.  We love them!




I want to thank Emily @ The Johnson Five and Shannon @ Growing up Imel for awarding me with the Stylish blogger award!  Go check out their blogs...they both are pretty mamas with adorable little boys.  And they are friends in real life.  And they have a cooking blog.  So much to love!  Run on over!




When the weather gets cold, I crave warm comfort food.  Since we had chili and cornbread last night, I decided Mexican food was the way to go.  We had creamy chicken enchiladas and they were delicious!  Here is a link for the recipe if you want to try them.  It comes directly from the label on the Old El Paso green chile enchilada sauce.  Seriously!  Someone copied it and has it posted at previous link.  Since I'm watching what I eat, I tried to make them as low-fat as possible and watched my portions.  Goodness!

2 comments:

Just a Jersey Girl said...

It was 24* on my way home from the gym tonight!

Stay warm

Karen said...

I hate this cold. It is supposed to snow here today a few inches. I would not mind if it had canceled school and the other morning activities but it hasn't even started and everything is on like normal. That means at sometime at somewhere out in it I will be stuck. Down side I hate driving in it even more than I hate the temp. Plus side I have a full tank of gas and a 4 wheel drive monster truck. We can handle it just fine. I will bring my camera too maybe get some good pictures.