Tuesday, January 25, 2011

French Dress Paper Garland

Since I love to scrapbook, I have TONS of pretty scrapbook papers and embellishments.  However, I'm short on time and haven't been able to put together scrapbook pages lately.  Plus, I've done a lot of digital scrapping and really like it.  I'm kinda moving more in that direction.  But I can't let all those pretty papers go to waste, so I'm always looking for paper crafts to make with them.

I found one that I absolutely loved yesterday and just had to make it for Abby's room. 

A french dress paper garland!  Isn't it lovely and girly?  Abby really liked it.
(All pictures enlarge when clicked.)

Little Birdie Secrets originally came up with this precious idea and sketched it out, then Ashley at Cute As a Fox generously created a *free* printable template.  They used this garland for a baby shower and it just looked precious!

I just cut out the template, traced it onto my scrapbook papers, cut and embellished.  To make it into a garland, I punch holes in the arms and threaded a cute ribbon through.  Easy peasy!


I decided to hang it on Abby's vanity mirror over her dresser.  (Picture of me included for your viewing pleasure...NOT!!!)


Another view.  I need to do a post all about Abby's room someday because she has the cutest, most girly room!



Oh, and Superman showed up during all this crafty fun.  :)


Happy Tuesday!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

That is a super way to use the paper it looks great.

Kalina said...

Love that garland! Her room looks so darling! I would love to see more pics of it :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I wonder if I could turn those into Valentines for my daughters class.

SUPA cute!!

Debbie Griffin said...

Very cute for my little dolly. You
are so adorable, Lisa. I love that
little superman showed up too.

cherished bliss said...

This is adorable. Can't wait til my little girl is old enough to do this kinda of stuff with!!... I take it back. I can wait! : )

New follower from Welcome Wednesday!!

www.cherishedbliss.com